This blog is hosted by computers administered by WordPress.com and is maintained by members of the American Physics Society (APS) Committee on Careers and Professional Development.
All comments posted to this site are subject to editorial approval before posting and anything deemed offensive, inappropriate, or off topic will be removed.
Below is a summary of the APS web policies as pertaining to this blog. A complete listing of these policies can be found at
http://www.aps.org/about/webpolicies.cfm . Such policies are subject to revisions with out notice. These are in addition to the Terms of Service agreement delineated by WordPress.com.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
- APS has no political or religious affiliation and does not endorse any political candidate, political party, or religious group.
- APS does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- APS does not necessarily endorse organizations linking to an APS website, or the views, products, or services they offer.
- APS is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- APS does not support or endorse any website that advocates hate, bias or discrimination.
Posting on APS Websites or Lists
APS interactive websites or electronic discussion groups are a service provided by APS. Participants must agree to be bound by APS policies. APS routinely monitors APS interactive websites for inappropriate postings. In the event that any inappropriate posting or unauthorized use of its website is brought to APS’s attention, APS will take appropriate action. Action includes immediate deletion of the questionable content as well as the right to terminate, without prior notice, the contributor’s future access to APS interactive websites.
- APS accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on APS interactive websites or lists by others.
- APS interactive websites may be used to discuss matters related to or arising out of the advancement of physics.
- All postings shall be of an informational nature and for informational purposes only. Commercial use or any other unauthorized use of APS interactive websites is prohibited.
- APS does not allow posting any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal information or material.
- APS does not allow political or religious discussion, endorsing or disapproving political candidates, or campaigning or proselytizing in any form.
- APS does not allow posting any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- APS does not allow posting any confidential information or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy or personal rights of others.